Thursday, June 26, 2008

The end of Wednesday

Leslie had a completely boring day, which is pretty exciting. No signs of infection. No contractions.

I made it out to the SuperTarget to pick up some reading material and two-way radios (aka walkie talkies).

The highlight of the day was to find that a wheelchair was available which will allow Leslie to go on very short adventures in the RMH. Instead of being cooped up in our room, I can use the wheel chair to push Leslie to one of the many large and comfortable "family rooms" where she can meet and talk to someone other than me. I really don't know why she would like to do that, as I feel I'm am a great conversationalist. ;-)

The not so great news today is that we are not ready to make plans to go home. We are desperate to have Leslie back in more familiar confines, but I think we may have been pushing this a little too fast. Tomorrow we plan to speak with Leslie's doctor in Louisville which we place great trust in, and see what she recommends. On Tuesday, it sounded like she was recommending we wait a week or two before coming home.

We are very comfortable here at the RMH. They have a great staff, terrific facilities, and we are 2 minutes from a great hospital. All in all, that's pretty good.

Off to bed... goodnight!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Bryan,

You guys are going to be bored as hell in Denver, but that's better than having Leslie have any problems on a trip. Wait it out as long as you can.

If you have Riley come out, the Denver Children's Museum has some fun stuff and there's always Elich Gardens. Mom will be jealous.

Have fun with the walkie-talkies!

(By the way... your emai's worked. TCI Corp and GE Oil and Gas have folks at the Dev Camp!)

Chris

Nana said...

Dear Bryan,
I don't know if you know this or not but you are a rock on which we all depend on. We're so grateful to have you in our family and love you all very much. You're a great son-in-law and a wonderful husband and father.
We agree that taking your time returning to Louisville is best. Your doctor from home will be able to advise you. We really appreciate the blog. Thank you.
Love,
Nana

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie and Brian,

I just wanted to know that I was thinking of you. Hang in there. It can be pretty tough being on bed rest. I was there with Maxx for 9 weeks! Stay strong and think positive. Love you!

Lindsey Gregg