Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update from Dr Appt

We heard a strong fetal heartbeat. No signs of infection, etc. Also, the doctor thinks Leslie may not have PUPPPs. Since she was on so many antibiotics she might have killed off the "good" bacteria allowing fungus to grow on her skin. This would be good new (weird I know) because it can be treated. With PUPPPs, there is no treatment and it's miserable.

Leslie's doctors are located next to the hospital she will be delivering at, so we will likely go visit with a MFM doctor (maternal fetal medicine) and NICU doctor. This will be another long day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT news! Leslie are you still on bedrest? Are you making more fluid?
Your anniversary is July 4th right? Congratulations!!!!!
I am making Margaritas from Martha Stwart's Magazine...wish you all were here.
Love you,
Aunt Joy

Anonymous said...

Leslie and Bryan,
Hi! and congratulations on getting home! What a difficult decision.
Blogspot is blocked from UCH, but I will be sure to tell Bronwen and Jen that you are home safe and sound and that there are no signs of infection or labor. I think of you often and will keep you in my thoughts as your pregnancy progresses. I wish you the best, you are amazing people.
Cynthia Aubol RN@UCH